Have Questions About Strike Pay Top-Up

UNE is receiving a lot of questions regarding strike pay top-up. Unfortunately, UNE does not have a strike fund and does not provide strike pay top-up. However, some UNE Locals have established strike funds and may provide some additional financial assistance during the strike. Members should contact their Local Executive to inquire about possible assistance during the strike.

Furthermore, there are some UNE Locals who established strike funds, but those funds cannot be accessed because the Local has been inactive for quite some time and they have not complied with the requirements set out in the UNE Bylaws. In order for those funds to be accessed, Locals need to hold an annual general meeting, hold elections and present financial statements for approval. The Local will then designate signatories and have those members change the signatures on the account at the bank. Once those steps have been completed, the Local will have access to funds and may choose to provide financial assistance retroactively. UNE staff will assist Locals in completing these steps and getting your Local active again.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance. We understand this is a difficult time for our striking members and information coming from every angle can be overwhelming and confusing.

We are here to help. Please contact your Deputy Trustee Teams if you have questions.